We've been looking at all the polytunnel types online for inspiration and to cost out what features we need.
To help with this work Urbanag are seeking intern or volunteers for the Aquaponics build where you can spend a summer learning lots of new practical smallholding skills in rural Cheshire.
Starting Easter 2018 Urbanag CIC are setting up from scratch a training centre and commercial scale Aquaponics system based on a rural smallholding near Frodsham.
We are looking for one or more people to:
1. Help with setting up a large polytunnel and hydroponic grow-beds (learn about - blockwork, woodwork, construction)
2. Build a commercial scale Aquaponics system (learn about - plumbing, electrics, water testing)
3. Setup and initial running of Aquaponics (learn about - fish care, plant propagation, water testing)
4. Convert farm building into training rooms (learn about - plumbing, electrics, woodwork, construction)
5. General smallholding help (learn about - care of livestock, chickens, pigs, etc.)
6. Help on Urbanag training courses (learn about - catering, customer service, administration)
If you can bring any of the skills needed that's great, but the key person quality we are looking for is a willingness to get stuck in and help.
Ideally you would live in the Frodsham WA6 area.
Contact email: email@example.com